Water Wise Event Details
Date and Time
This event has passed
04/27/2019 11:00 AM to
04/28/2019 6:00 PM
04/28/2019 6:00 PM
Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival
The â€‹Community Environmental Council (CEC) â€‹will host its 2019 Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival at Alameda Park Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 28 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Event registration for vendors and musicians will open in February 2019.
In the days leading up to the festival, CEC and its partners will host a series of Earth Month events, including the annual Earth Day Green Drinksâ€‹.
Festival highlights will include:
- The annual Green Car Show â€‹– featuring â€‹the largest collection of efficient and alternative fueled vehicles in Southern California. Festival-goers can get a first-hand feel for the latest electric vehicles, ebikes and scooters by participating in the free Ride & Drive â€‹experience.
- A Public Squareâ€‹ that offers the opportunity to speak one-on-one with public officials.
- A free Bike Valetâ€‹, with complimentary bike tune-ups and secure all-day parking. (Over 1,100 bikes were valeted and another 500 self-parked in 2018).
- A Homegrown Rootsâ€‹ zone that connects attendees with local farmers, food and beverage artisans, and organizations working to promote sustainable food systems in the Central Coast.
- Two full days of music on the Main Stageâ€‹, organized by New Noise, as well as music and speakers on two mini stages.
- A tasty assortment of local, sustainable, and organic menus at the Food Court.
- A Beer & Wine Garden, â€‹located in the middle of the festival near the Main Stage, with beer on tap from Firestone Brewery and local wines.
- A Kids Cornerâ€‹ organized by LearningDen Preschool, with arts & crafts, musical performances, storytelling, face painting, and eco-activities, along with a Family Passportâ€‹ that promotes kid-friendly activities throughout the park.
- A Great Outdoors â€‹zone where attendees can take part in fitness activities and discover regional businesses advocating healthy, eco-friendly lifestyles.
- Celebrity appearancesâ€‹. Recent festivals have included stage appearances by activist Van Jones, scientist and TV host Bill Nye, Director James Cameron, actress Daryl Hannah, ocean activist Marcus Eriksen,â€‹ and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk – all of whom were awarded the annual Environmental Hero Award.
Now celebrating its 49th year, the community-organized festival is one of the longest-running Earth Day celebrations in the country – and is believed to be one of the largest Earth Day festivals on the West Coast.â€‹ Santa Barbara's environmental reputation attracts national media, celebrity attention, and local crowds; the 2018 festival drew over 35,000 visitors.
For more info visit www.sbearthday.org.
1400 Santa Barbara Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101